Budget season already? Well, not quite, but it is approaching quickly. We wanted to provide a quick marketing snapshot to help you prepare. Below is a list of 10 things to think about as it relates to marketing your asset. As you go through the list, see if any of the following areas are in need of enhancement.
ASK YOURSELF–SHOULD YOU OUTSOURCE OR HANDLE IN-HOUSE?
Here are 10 things to consider for your marketing plan with a splash of operations (yes, they sometimes go hand-in-hand):
1 BRANDING: Review your logo, ID, and tagline. Is your marketing message and brand image consistent across all marketing channels?
2 PRINT: Collateral – brochure, business cards, stationery package. Other things to consider: window graphics, marketing outreach programs like resident referral program, preferred employer program, fliers, postcards, and giveaways.
3 ONLINE FUNDAMENTALS: Website, social media share buttons, floor plans, e-brochure and site map.
4 INTERNET ADVERTISING/ COMMUNICATION:
• Do qualified leads mirror your spend?
• Are you using retargeting campaigns?
• Are you using geo-targeting campaigns?
• Do you need a professional audit?
• Should you continue your ILS (Internet list service advertising) and Craigslist advertising or invest in Google Adwords, SEO and or Facebook ads?
• Do you have dynamic phone tracking in place for all your advertising?
• Are your branded social media pages and links current and relevant on your Property Blog, Instagram, Facebook Advertising, Twitter, Snap Chat, Google+, Meetup, and others?
• Check your branded mobile texting and auto responders; could the messages use some professional wordsmithing?
5 EMAIL MARKETING: E-blasts and email newsletters. Have a quality camera for use at social events to include photos in campaigns
6 PHYSICAL ASSET: Remember your marketing corridor for improvements on signage, flags, banners, landscaping, painting, and recycling/ trash area.
• Are your amenities, such as the fitness center, pool area, resident lounge/clubhouse, or other, in need of painting or enrichment?
7 MODEL REFRESH: Interior Design Services
8 MULTIMEDIA: Video sharing – Youtube and Vimeo. Photo sharing – Flickr, Panoramio, Picasa, or Instagram.
9 EXPAND YOUR ONLINE BRAND: Google Places, Yahoo! Local, Bing Local, CitySearch, Yelp, Google Alerts, Ratings and Reviews.
10 WEBSITE ENHANCEMENT:
• Does your website need a refresh or complete overhaul? We are talking beyond making it beautiful.
• Does it provide a quality user experience and have management CRM software/LTS (Lead Tracking Software) for follow-up on those marketing leads?
• Are resident surveys and client testimonials included on your site?
• Operations that enhance the consumer experience: 3D virtual walking tours, online Rent Payment, online availability and leasing, online services request, resident satisfaction surveys, online signing and lease renewals, resident relations and retention budget.
• Quality photography and renderings are also valuable.
WRAPPING UP: These are just a few things to consider, as you get ready for budget season. If you would like to beat the rush and get a quote on any of the above services, feel free to contact me by phone or email…
TO YOUR SUCCESS!
VP of Sales & Marketing
855.360.9327 Press 1
Tags: apartment marketing, Multifamily, multifamily property management